8.28.2008

Welcome to my Wunderkammer

When I was young, I wanted to be an archaeologist. Instead, I became a creative collector, fabricating stories with the remnants and relics that I find. Some of these stories are inspired by the objects themselves and originate from a spontaneous intuition of their purpose. For others, I seek out materials to fulfill an envisioned idea. I collect found objects not only because of their tangible and compelling beauty, but also because they are evidence of existence and symbols that reveal identity. 

Within these works, I am assembling commonplace materials to tell magical stories of our ordinary world. It is my hope that you will explore these objects and discover a place that is all at once mysterious, enchanting and new yet nostalgic and familiar. 

Like half remembered stories, these objects speak of pieces of memories that are in all of us and yet hold secrets that we will never know. 


No comments: